There’s nothing better than coming home to the cheesiest tortellini ever, and yes, it’s easily made right in the crockpot!
Now the beauty of this recipe is that it comes together so easily right in your slow cooker. All you have to do is crumble up some ground beef and throw everything into the crockpot. Easy enough, right? Then, 15 minutes before serving, you’ll throw in your fresh tortellini and that cheesy goodness. That’s it!
Comfort food has never been so good (or easy!).
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 8 hours, 20 minutes
Total Time : 8 hours, 35 minutes
Yield : 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Place ground beef mixture, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and green chiles, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes into a slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Uncover and stir in tortellini; top with cheeses. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 15-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.