Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cook Time : 4 hours
Total Time : 4 hours, 5 minutes
Yield : 4 servings
- 24 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup half and half*
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme and bay leaves into a 3-qt slow cooker. Stir in vegetable broth; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or high heat for 1-2 hours, or until browned and tender. Stir in half and half and butter during the last 15-20 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
*Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream.