If you like Spinach and Artichoke dip, you’re going to go crazy over our delicious, creamy, tender Spinach-Artichoke Slow Cooker Chicken! This simple recipe takes all the favorite flavors of that classic dip, and turns it into a delicious dinner.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 of the spinach, tomatoes, and artichokes | Calories: 246 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 6 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 82 mg | Sodium: 243 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 35 g |
- 8 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 (6-8 ounce) whole chicken breasts (bone-in with skin)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can preservative-free artichoke hearts OR 6- 8 artichoke hearts from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
Place spinach, chicken broth, and chicken breasts in 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, onion, and salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high from 4-6 hours.
Just before serving, gently remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place on serving platters.
Stir in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and artichokes. Stir until creamy.
Spoon sauce over chicken.
Serve with tomatoes. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese, if desired.