From The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook by Kitty Broihier & Kimberly Mayone. “These flavors may remind you of something your grandmother used to cook. A great dish for a simple fall supper.” Serving suggestion – Serve this dish with toasted, buttered, low-carb rye bread. If desired, pass malt vinegar and butter to season the cabbage.
- 1small head of cabbage, cored and cut into wedges (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1tablespoon brown mustard
- 1lb kielbasa, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Coat the slow cooker crock with cooking spray. Add all the ingredients except the kielbasa to the crock, tossing so that the cabbage is well-coated with the broth and seasonings. Top mixture with kielbasa.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours; give mixture a good stir, then cook 1 hour more.