This recipe for slow cooker meatball veggie soup is a combo of my two favorite soup recipes: Italian Wedding Soup and Garden Vegetable Soup .
You’re going to love it because it’s an absolutely delicious meal that your whole family will eat.
Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and versatile. Feel free to swap out the veggies for others that your family likes or whatever is in season. (I’ve tried combinations with kale, spinach, or yellow squash and they’ve all been great.)
You can even add a can of beans to make it a bit more hearty. Just make sure your slow cooker is big enough to hold all of the ingredients. This recipe fits perfectly in my 7-quart slow cooker but is a bit too much for my 4-quart model.
- 1 pound small meatballs (store bought or homemade)
- 24oz jar of pasta sauce (about 2.5 cups)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups green beans, ends cut off and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, ends cut off and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on “low” for 8 hours or until veggies are soft.