- 8 cups pureed fresh blueberries(about 3 dry quarts)
- 2 cups sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1lemon
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1Add the blueberries to the crock of a slow cooker, cover, and set to low.
- 2Check after 4 hours—the mixture should be a cooked-down puree. Give it more time as necessary, up to 4 hours more.
- 3About an hour before the butter is done, add the sugar, lemon zest and juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 4Ladle into sterilized jars and can according to the manufacturer’s instructions, or into an airtight container to store in the fridge.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest