A wonderful flavored soup. Nice served with homemade potato bread.
- 4large baking potatoes
- 2⁄3cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3cup flour
- 6cups milk
- 3⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon pepper
- 4chopped green onions
- 12slices cooked and crumbledbacon
- 1 1⁄4cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8ounces light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- additional cooked bacon (optional)
- Wash potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
- Bake in foil in a preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
- Let cool.
- Cut potatoes.
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour into crock pot and then add potato cubes, salt, pepper, green onions, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and chicken granules.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream right before serving.
- If soup is to thick, add a little milk at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
- Garnish with additional sour cream and crumbled bacon.