Make this comforting, easy and cheesy soup right in the slow cooker.
- Prep Time : 10 MIN
- Total Time : 8 HR 10 MIN
- Servings : 5
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced or shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
- 12 oz beer
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Popped popcorn or croutons
- 1 ) In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, place onion, carrots and green onions; stir gently to mix. Pour broth and beer over vegetables. Add ground mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir.
- 2 ) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 3) Stir in shredded cheese and whipping cream until cheese is melted. In small cup, beat flour and water with whisk; beat into slow cooker. Cover; cook 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4) Serve immediately topped with popcorn or croutons.