Come home to dinner! Have this easy twist on the traditional Indian dish, Chana Masala, waiting for you when you walk in the door.
- Prep Time : 20 MIN
- Total Time : 4 HR 20 MIN
- Servings : 6
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (19 oz each) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (2 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño chile, diced
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
Serve With, If Desired
- Hot cooked basmati rice or naan
- 1 Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add tomatoes and garbanzo beans to slow cooker.
- 2 In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook until onions begin to soften. Add salt, jalapeño chile and gingerroot. Cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, paprika, garam masala and red pepper until fragrant and spices begin to brown. Add spice mixture to slow cooker.
- 3 Add 3 tablespoons water to same skillet; beat with whisk to remove all spices and browned bits left in pan; add to slow cooker. Stir. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or on High heat setting 2 to 3 hours.
- 4 Serve with lime wedge and rice.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest