Casual gathering at your place? Invite guests to grab a bowl of hearty stew chock full of veggies and lentils.
- Prep Time : 15 MIN
- Total Time : 5 HR 30 MIN
- Servings : 6
- 3 cups pieces (1 inch) peeled dark-orange sweet potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) vegetable broth or 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 ) In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix sweet potatoes, onion, carrots and lentils.
- 2) In 8-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add curry powder, cumin, salt, pepper, gingerroot and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth. Pour mixture into slow cooker; stir.
- 3 ) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- 4) Increase heat setting to High. Stir in green beans. Cover; cook about 15 minutes longer or until green beans are crisp-tender. Serve topped with yogurt.