- Prep Time : 15 MIN
- Total Time : 2 HR 45 MIN
- Servings : 16
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, if desired
- 1) Generously spray a 5 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 2) In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, vegetable oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- 3 ) Pour batter into slow cooker; cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Uncover and cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen; turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- 4) Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts, if desired. Cut into pieces to serve.