Savor slow-cooked Italian soup with little effort by letting your slow cooker do all the work! This is one hearty soup recipe the whole family will love.
- Prep Time : 15 MIN
- Total Time : 7 HR 35 MIN
- Serving : 12
- 4 cups vegetable broth or Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (4 1/2 oz)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1) In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except pasta and cheese.
- 2) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- 3) Stir in pasta. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.