Cream cheese is the secret to a creamy ready-when-you-want-it squash soup.
- Prep Time : 15 MIN
- Total Time : 6 HR 45 MIN
- Servings : 6
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 butternut squash (2 lb), peeled, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- 1) In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- 2) In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix onion and remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
- 3) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- 4) In blender or food processor, place one-third to one-half of mixture at a time. Cover; blend on high speed until smooth. Return mixture to slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.