This hearty chili features beef, tomatoes and Progresso black beans – a flavorful slow cooked dinner.
- Prep Time : 15 MIN
- Total Time : 8 HR 15 MIN
- Servings : 6
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lb boneless beef top sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cans (15 oz each) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 bag (10 to 12 oz) frozen onions, celery, bell pepper and parsley seasoning blend, thawed
- 1 bottle (12 oz) dark beer, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Sliced green onions, if desired
- Sliced red jalapeño chiles, if desired
- Lime wedges, if desired
- 1) Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and beef.
- 2) Stir black beans, diced tomatoes, seasoning blend, beer, chili powder, cumin and salt into slow cooker.
- 3) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours. Top individual servings with chopped tomato and cheese. Garnish with green onions, jalapeños and lime wedges.