Garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives pack lots of flavor into this Mediterranean dish.
- Prep Time : 10 MIN
- Total Time : 6 HR 25 MIN
- Servings : 8
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 lb)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted Kalamata or ripe olives
- 1/2 cup Progress beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup frozen pearl onions (from 1-lb bag)
- 1) Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown. Sprinkle with salt, Italian seasoning and garlic; remove from skillet.
- 2) Place beef, seasoned side up, in 4-to 5-quart slow cooker. Spread tomatoes and olives over roast. Add broth and onions.
- 3) Cover and cook on low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- 4) Remove beef from slow cooker; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Slice beef; serve with beef juice and onions from slow cooker. This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.