You bet! These skinny fries are a fabulously, healthy alternative to regular French fries. You’ll only need 4 ingredients to create them. So simple, once the potatoes are prepped. All you do is drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper, toss, bake and dig in. One serving of these yummy, skinny fries has 110 calories, 3.5 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. A small Mc Donald’s fries has 230 calories and 11 grams of fat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
2 large baking potatoes, (Russet potatoes) 8 ounces each
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoons Lawry’s seasoning salt, see shopping tip
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Scrub the potatoes and cut lengthwise into 4 equal slices; cut each slice into thirds or fourths. As the potatoes are cut, place them in a dish of ice water and let soak for about 10 minutes
3. After soaking potatoes, drain off water, remove potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Return the dried potatoes to bowl, sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper and drizzle with oil; evenly distribute the oil and seasoning by tossing with your hands. Mix well.
4. Place potatoes on a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spray top of potatoes with a little more cooking spray. Bake until golden brown and tender; approximately 35-40 minutes, turning frequently. If you like crispy fries, bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with additional seasoning and pepper, if desired, and serve.
Makes 4 servings (each serving, about 1 cup)