- 3pounds beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1large onion, thinly sliced
- 4cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 3tablespoons chopped canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 2bay leaves
- kosher salt
- 4cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1⁄3 medium cabbage)
- 4radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 126-inch corn tortillas
- sour cream, pickled jalapeño peppers, and hot sauce, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the beef, onion, garlic, chipotles, oregano, bay leaves, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook until the beef is very tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 ½ to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- Twenty minutes before serving, heat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, radishes, cilantro, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake until warm, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to a medium bowl (reserve the cooking liquid) and shred, using 2 forks. Strain the cooking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into the bowl with the beef and toss to combine.
- Fill the tortillas with the beef and slaw. Serve with the sour cream, jalapeños, hot sauce, and lime wedges.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest