Savory and creamy, this Bacon and Potato Chowder Crock Pot Recipe is the perfect dinner idea for a chilly evening. Enjoy a nice sized serving for just 4 Points +.
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 4 oz Canadian-style bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup leeks, chopped, white part only
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- In a slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots, leek, garlic, broth, barley, bay leaf, thyme, pepper and bacon; cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in half-and-half; heat through, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4-6 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 170 calories; 1.5g fat; 28g carbohydrates; 9g protein; 4g fiber