Fresh, homemade chicken soup is just what the doctor ordered! And what could be easier than making it in your crock pot? This is a wonderfully delicious, low calorie soup that is an absolute must make.
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 cups fat free chicken broth
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 4 oz egg noodles (I used THIS kind)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the egg noodles and parsley in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken and chop.
- Add egg noodles, parsley and lemon juice to slow cooker, and cook until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Return chicken to slow cooker, and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/4 cups
Each serving = 4 Points +
PER SERVING: 160 calories; 3g fat; 15g carbohydrates; 16g protein; 2g fiber