We browned the lamb first to enhance its flavor and color. If you’re not a fan of parsnips, just toss more carrots into the mix.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: 6 hours and 38 minutes
- Prep: 18 minutes
- Cook: 6 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 pound uncooked trimmed lamb loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons divided table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon divided black pepper
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1 medium uncooked onion, chopped
- 1 clove medium garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 medium uncooked parsnips, diced (or 1 large)
- 2 medium uncooked carrots, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 14 1/2 ounces canned crushed tomatoes, oven-roasted variety
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1. Place lamb in a plastic bag and add flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper; shake well to coat and let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Remove lamb from bag. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Brown lamb, flipping once, about 4 minutes total (do in two batches if necessary to avoid crowding). Spoon lamb into a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker.
3. Off heat, recoat skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes; spoon into slow cooker.
4. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper, parsnip, carrots, rosemary, tomatoes, and broth to slow cooker.
5. Cover slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on low setting. Uncover slow cooker and add beans; cover again and cook until beans are heated through, about 15 minutes more.
- 481mg Sodium
- 30g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 16.5g Fat
- 7g Saturated Fat
- 20g Protein