Mexican food is always a favorite. Just stir the ingredients for these burritos into your slow cooker and let everyone assemble their own.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 12
- Start to Finish: 3 hours and 26 minutes
- Prep: 16 min
- Cook: 3 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 chopped small uncooked red onion
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with chiles
- 15 ounces drained and rinsed canned kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspooon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup canned chicken broth
- 12 medium whole wheat tortillas, about 7-inches in diameter each
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
1. Place garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, oregano, and pepper in 3-quart slow cooker; stir well. Add chicken and broth.
2. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours; drain off liquid (there should be about 6 cups of burrito mixture).
3. To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of burrito mixture down center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
4. Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla to center.
5. Fold left side to center; fold right side to center, covering filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 558mg Sodium
- 28g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 3.0 Saturated Fat
- 13g Protein