Chili dogs, nachos, burritos with rice—our slow-cooker beanless chili is the ideal accompaniment.
- Prep Time : 10 MIN
- Total Time : 8 HR 10 MIN
- Servings : 4
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen organic tomato puree
- 1) Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef; cook until brown, stirring and breaking apart as needed. Drain; add beef to 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 2) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.