Slow cook this hearty chili for a dinner after a game day. Ground beef, tomatoes and Progresso red kidney beans cooked together and served with toppings make a flavorful meal.
- Prep Time : 15 MIN
- Total Time : 4 HR 15 MIN
- Servings : 8
- 3/4 lb ground beef round
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 3 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (15 or 19 oz) Progresso red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (12 oz) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 to 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Toppings, if desired
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- Sliced ripe olives
- Corn chips
- 1) Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- 2) In slow cooker, stir together cooked beef, bell pepper, tomatoes, soup, beans, tomato paste, water, chili powder, pepper and paprika.
- 3) Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours. Serve chili with desired toppings.