Serve slow cooked sweet chili chicken and bell pepper over rice for a flavorful Asian dinner.
- Prep Time : 15 MIN
- Total Time : 4 HR 15 MIN
- Servings : 6
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 3/4 lb), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed
- 1) Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Spoon chicken into slow cooker.
- 2) Add chili sauce, hoisin sauce, orange juice, garlic, bell peppers and onion to slow cooker; stir.
- 3) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 hours. In small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Cover; cook 1 hour longer.
- 4) Serve chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seed.