Green Giant Simply Steam corn and Progresso chicken broth provide a simple addition to this slow cooked turkey bean chili.
- Prep Time : 25 MIN
- Total Time : 8 HR 25 MIN
- Servings : 8
- 2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium poblano chile, seeded, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cans (15.5 oz each) great northern beans, drained
- 3 cups Progresso chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant Simply Steam frozen shoepeg white corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Lime wedges, if desired
- 1) Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Place turkey in slow cooker. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, chile and garlic in oil 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Add to slow cooker.
- 2) In blender, place 1 can of the beans and 1 cup of the broth. Cover; blend on medium speed 20 seconds or until smooth. Pour mixture into slow cooker. Stir in remaining 2 cans of beans, remaining 2 cups broth, the corn, chili powder, cumin, oregano, pepper and salt.
- 3) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.