This is a rich, satisfying meal that freezes well. Great on a cold winter day. Serve it with tortillas, cornbread, French breadand/or rice! Enjoy!
TOTAL TIME : 6hrs 15mins
PREP : 15 MINS
COOK : 6 HRS
- 1(11 ounce) cancondensed black bean soup (or canned black beans in juice)
- 1(15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1(15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (sometimes I use lentils)
- 1(16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1(14 1/2 ounce) canchoppedtomato puree (I use large 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes)
- 1(15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1onion, chopped
- 1green bell pepper, chopped
- 2zucchini, chopped
- 2stalks celery, chopped
- 2garlic cloves, chopped
- 1(4 ounce) candiced chilies
- 1 -2jalapeno, chopped (depending on how much heat you want)
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 2teaspoons cumin
- 1tablespoon dried parsley
- 1tablespoon dried oregano
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 1tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- In a saucepan, saute the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and celery for about 5 minutes.
- In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chilies, and celery.
- Season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, parsley, oregano, basil (and cilantro if using).
- Cook for about 6 hours on low.
- Serve with tortillas, cornbread, rice, or French bread.
- This freezes well!
- Leftovers are good on top of nachos!