Looking for an Italian slow cooked dinner using veggies and pasta? Then try this meatless minestrone soup featuring Muir Glen tomatoes and Green Giant beans.
- Prep Time : 10 MIN
- Total Time : 7 HR 10 MIN
- Servings : 8
- 1 carton (32 oz) vegetable broth (4 cups)
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant Simply Steam frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (4 1/2 oz)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 container (7 oz) refrigerated basil pesto
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1) Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix broth, tomatoes, lima beans, onions, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2) Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 hours. Stir in pasta, zucchini and yellow squash. Cover; cook 1 hour longer or until vegetables are tender. Top individual servings with pesto and cheese.