PREP : 10 MINS
COOK : 3 HRS
- 2cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2cups thinly sliced celery
- 1cup diced tart apple, peeled and cored
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 1tablespoon ground sage
- 1teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2teaspoon thyme
- 12cups lightly toasted bread, cubes
- 1⁄4cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- In a large fry pan saute onions, celery and apple in butter until onion is just translucent.
- Stir in sage, marjoram, salt, pepper, savory and thyme.
- Combine vegetable mixture with the bread cubes and parsley.
- Toss well.
- Pour stock over mixture, tossing well.
- Spoon into your crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour.
- Reduce to low and continue cooking for 2-3 hours, stirring every hour.
- As stated for Vegetarians use vegetable stock.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest