This is just one of my comfort foods. I love it slathered on homemade biscuits. MMMMmmmm…so good.
PREP : 25 MINS
COOK : 13 HRS
- 5 1⁄2lbs apples, peeled and finely chopped (I use 3-4 different types of apples)
- 4cups sugar
- 2 -3teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- Place apples in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Pour over apples and mix well.
- Place in crock pot, cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Decrease heat to low; cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until thickened and dark brown.
- Stir occasionally.
- Uncover and cook on low for 1 hour longer.
- If desired, whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch head space.
- Cover and freeze.