This slow cooker Zucchini Ziti offers it all. It can be made in a flash, but tastes as if you put hours into its creation. That’s why we love it! Whip some up for Sunday dinner and enjoy the leftovers for Monday lunch.
Minimum Slow Cooker Size: 5 quarts
Yields: 10 Servings | Serving Size: 3/4 Cup | Calories: 272 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 | Cholesterol: 21 mg | Sodium: 376 mg | Carbohydrates: 38 g | Sugars: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Protein: 15 g
- 1 (25 oz.) jar marinara (no sugar added)
- 3 cups (uncooked) whole grain ziti shells, optional penne
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large zucchini (1/4” slices)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium bowl combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and spices. Add one cup marinara to bottom of the slow cooker. Combine (uncooked) pasta shells with remaining marinara. Layer pasta coated marinara, zucchini, and cheese mixture until all ingredients have been used. Cheese should be the last ingredient added.
Cover and cook on low for two hours, or until pasta is al dente. Recommend using a 5 to 7 quart slow cooker.