Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh, 1 cup cauliflower rice | Calories: 470 | Previous Points: 11 | Points Plus: 12 | Total Fat: 25 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 49 mg | Sodium: 619 mg | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 52 g |
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning (I use one from Spice & Tea Exchange)
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic, plus 3-4 whole cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp fresh or dried oregano, finely chopped if fresh
- 1 cup organic chicken stock (not broth, you want the rich flavor from the stock)
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (in olive oil)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, pepper and Greek seasoning.
Cook chicken, skin side down for 3 minutes, flip and add onion, garlic (minced and whole), lemon juice and oregano. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock, olives, red peppers, capers and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then cover and transfer to the oven to cook for another 25 minutes. Remove from oven and serve over cauliflower “rice” (see recipe below).
Instructions for the Cauliflower Rice
Boil cauliflower for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Return to pan and add oil, salt and pepper and mash gently with a fork until cauliflower resembles rice.