This casserole gives new meaning to eating your vegetables. Our broccoli and cauliflower casserole dish is full of irresistibly decadent flavors and health benefits!
Vitamin-rich vegetables are cooked until tender and glistening with vibrant colors. The coconut milk adds a hint of tropical sweetness. When combined with Greek yogurt, spices, and Parmesan cheese, it becomes a savory sauce bursting with bold flavor. Pasta provides a chewy, high-protein starch that mixes well with the broccoli and cauliflower. Reduced-fat cheddar or part-skim mozzarella is the perfect warm and melty finish to your comfort food casserole. It’s one of our favorite low-calorie alternatives to full-fat cheese. Simply bake and savor each heavenly bite!
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 266 | Points Plus: 8 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 131mg | Carbohydrates: 21g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 10g |
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat or high protein penne, orecchiette, or mini shells pasta
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 cup nonfat or low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar or part-skim mozzarella
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 (a pinch) teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about half lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli florets. Allow to boil for 3 minutes, until crisp-tender and bright. Drain.
Mix together garlic, nutmeg, lemon juice, yogurt, coconut milk, and parmesan cheese until well combined.
Place cauliflower and broccoli in even layer in baking dish. Top with coconut milk mixture.
Cover tightly with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes. Take off foil for last 5 minutes of cook time. Top with cheddar or mozzarella cheese. Set to broiler and place under for 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
Serve and enjoy!