Enjoy all the flavor of Chicken Enchiladas in slow-cooker soup. This scrumptious skinny soup takes no time at all to toss together. From start to slow-cook, you only need 15 minutes to prep and mix all of the ingredients. Then set it and forget it! When it’s time for dinner, all you need to do is shred the chicken and ladle heaping spoonfuls of this deliciously healthy dish into your dinner bowls.
Though we’ve topped our Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Enchilada Soup with homemade whole-grain corn tortilla strips, you can save prep time by topping your soup with a variety of healthy choices. Diced avocados taste absolutely incredible on top of this soup. A spoonful of fresh pico de gallo, diced jalapenos, or shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese are some other tasty options. Mix, match, and enjoy!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 308 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 912mg | Carbohydrates: 41g | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 25g |
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles or tomatillo salsa
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 batch Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup whole grain tortilla chips or strips (optional)
Place chicken breast, black beans, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, green chilies, and onion in a large 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pour chicken broth and enchilada sauce over the top of the pot.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken from the slow cooker.
Shred with two forks, then return chicken to the soup. Stir until well mixed. Serve soup topped with cilantro and tortilla strips, if desired. Or top with other optional garnishes