Super easy Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef! The sauce is AMAZING – so much better tasting and healthier than takeout!
Say hello to my new favorite thing ever. And no, I’m not talking about my new wooden cooking spoon – it really is new, and I love it – but I am talking about this absolute, hands down, best-ever, all time favorite slow cooker broccoli beef recipe.
And that statement includes every broccoli beef recipe I’ve ever tasted – all of which were ordered from a restaurant establishment.
This is my way of telling you that this broccoli beef is quite literally better than take-out. I know bloggers say that a lot. But today, it just has to be said. One taste and you’ll agree with me.
This past November we visited my grandparents in California and promised them that they were welcome at our house for dinner the next time they were in town. Well, this past weekend they were in town and they took us up on this offer. The pressure was on. Can’t let the grandparents down ya know?
This broccoli beef did not fail me. My grandparents (and Pops!) went on and on and onnnnnn about how much they loved it. My father – who is notorious for his impeccable portion control – just kept saying that he was stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey but thought it would be a shame to stop eating something so tasty.
Can I get a woot! woot! for impressing the husband, father, grandmum and grandpop in one fell swoop?
So easy, incredibly tasty, healthy, and company-worthy… just do yourself a big fat favor and skip the take-out next time you’re craving this Asian classic.
Slow cooker broccoli beef for the win!
- 1.5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 4 tablespoons cold water
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker. Add steak, beef froth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk corn starch and water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes.
- Just before serving, place broccoli in a large tupperware, fill with ½ inch of water, and place the lid on in an off-set manner so that the container can vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain, stir broccoli into slow cooker, and serve.