For an even more flavorful chili, saute the onion, garlic, and chili powder and brown the turkey meat before slow cooking.
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, pureed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Coarse salt
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine turkey, garlic, onion, serrano chiles, chipotle chile, tomato puree, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook on high until turkey is fork-tender, 3 hours (or 6 hours on low).
Add beans and cook until warmed through, about 30 minutes more. Stir in vinegar and season with salt.
Top It Off
Serve this chili with sliced jalapenos for heat, cilantro for fresh flavor, and a dollop of sour cream to cool things off.