Creamy chicken taquitos made in a slow cooker, then rolled and baked til crispy! Soooo yummy and incredibly easy!!
PREP TIME :
COOK TIME :
TOTAL TIME :
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt + pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup shredded colby or Mexican blend cheese
- 12 6 inch corn or flour tortillas
- optional: cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings as desired
- Add chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, cream cheese, and water to crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- minutes before serving, remove chicken from crock pot, shred with two forks, and return to slow cooker. Give it a stir. Let it cook about 15 minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 400. Place about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, until tortillas are slightly browned and shredded cheese is melted. Serve with desired toppings and sauces.