The easiest mashed potatoes you will ever make. Just throw it all in the crockpot and you’re set. Easy peasy!
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 4 hours
Total Time : 4 hours, 15 minutes
Yield : 8 servings
- 3 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons milk, or more, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place potatoes, butter, garlic and 1/4 cup water into the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours, or until tender.
- Add sour cream, Parmesan, milk, thyme, oregano, basil and nutmeg. Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend potatoes until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.