PREP TIME :
COOK TIME :
TOTAL TIME :
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken – easy, slow cooked juicy chicken smothered in a sweet and spicy Asian garlic sauce that’ll have you licking your fingers!
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce (found in the Asian section of most grocery stores)
- 2½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (found in the Asian section of most grocery stores) OR crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoon corn starch
- optional: chopped green onions, cilantro, crushed red pepper flakes – for garnish
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl whisk together honey, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, and sriracha sauce (or crushed red pepper flakes). Pour sauce into the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a large bowl, then shred with two forks. Cover bowl with foil or a towel to keep heat in. Transfer sauce from the slow cooker to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Stir together cold water and corn starch in a small bowl until dissolved, then add to sauce pan and stir until thickened. Remove pan from heat and pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with cooked rice if desired and top with sesame seeds, green onions, and/or cilantro.