Easy sweet and saucy sesame beef slow cooked to perfection in your crockpot!
PREP TIME :
COOK TIME :
TOTAL TIME :
- 16 ounces thin flank steak*, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- ½ white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup cold water + 1 tablespoon corn starch
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Place beef, onions (green and white), and chopped red peppers in a greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all sauce ingredients (do not include the ¼ cup cold water, corn starch, or sesame seeds). Pour sauce into the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
- About 30 minutes before serving, whisk together remaining cold water and corn starch. Add corn starch slurry to the slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on high for another 30 minutes or so. Stir just before serving. Serve with cooked white or fried rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.