- 1 14 – ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 – ounce jar caramel ice cream topping
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, or 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- Assorted dippers (such as angel food cake cubes, pound cake cubes, brownie squares, cut up salted nut rolls, large marshmallows, dried apricots, strawberries, banana slices, purchased cookies, and/or pineapple chunks)
- In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker stir together sweetened condensed milk, ice cream topping, and chocolate.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or on high heat setting for 1-1/2 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking. If no heat setting is available, cook for 1-1/2 hours. Stir until chocolate is melted. Serve immediately or keep warm in the cooker on low-heat setting (if available) for up to 1 hour. (Chocolate mixture may become grainy if held longer.)
- To serve, spear dippers with fondue forks. Dip into chocolate mixture, swirling as you dip. If the mixture thickens, stir in milk to thin. Makes 12 servings.
Servings Per Recipe 12, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, calcium (mg) 141, iron (mg) 1, sodium (mg) 104, Potassium (mg) 291, pro. (g) 6, cal. (kcal) 295, sugar (g) 42, vit. A (IU) 97, Thiamin (mg) 0, sat. fat (g) 6, vit. C (mg) 1, chol. (mg) 11, Niacin (mg) 0, Fat, total (g) 10, carb. (g) 50, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, fiber (g) 2, Folate (µg) 4, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0