- 4 cups sliced button and/or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, thinly diagonally sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red potato, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence or dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (1-3/4 to 2 lb. total)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 14 – ounce jar tomato pasta sauce or one 16-oz. jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- French bread (optional)
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker combine mushrooms, undrained tomatoes, carrots, onion, potato, green beans, olives, broth, wine, tapioca, herbs de Provence, thyme, and pepper. Place chicken on top; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in pasta sauce. If desired, serve with French bread. Makes 8 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(French Chicken Stew)
Servings Per Recipe 8, sat. fat (g) 1, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, fiber (g) 3, Folate (µg) 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Niacin (mg) 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, calcium (mg) 91, vit. C (mg) 15, chol. (mg) 83, iron (mg) 3, Thiamin (mg) 0, sodium (mg) 629, carb. (g) 17, Potassium (mg) 528, Fat, total (g) 5, cal. (kcal) 219, sugar (g) 6, pro. (g) 23, vit. A (IU) 2770