- 2 1/2-3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Slow-cooker liner
- 1 15 – 16 – ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 – 15 1/2 – ounce can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 – ounce jar mango lime salsa or salsa
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Trim fat from meat; cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss meat with cumin. In a large skillet, cook pork, half at a time, in hot oil; drain off fat.
- Line a 3-1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with a slow-cooker liner. In the cooker, combine pork, navy beans, and hominy. In a large bowl, combine salsa and the water. Pour over pork mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. If you like, serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Servings Per Recipe 4, Fat, total (g) 16, chol. (mg) 116, Thiamin (mg) 1, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, pro. (g) 49, carb. (g) 55, cal. (kcal) 557, Niacin (mg) 9, Riboflavin (mg) 1, sat. fat (g) 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, sodium (mg) 1325, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 2, Monounsaturated fat (g) 7, Folate (µg) 69, sugar (g) 4, fiber (g) 15, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1, iron (mg) 6, vit. C (mg) 1, calcium (mg) 172, vit. A (IU) 486, Potassium (mg) 986