- 1 pound boneless beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 14 1/2 – ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano (undrained)
- 2 14 – ounce can beef broth
- 1 15 – ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 – ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots (2 medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried bow tie pasta
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In 5- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; combine beef, undrained tomatoes, broth, cannellini beans, kidney beans, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Add pasta and squash to cooker (if using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting). Cover and cook 30 to 45 minutes more or until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Top with Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Servings Per Recipe 8, chol. (mg) 25, vit. C (mg) 9, calcium (mg) 111, Potassium (mg) 455, Fat, total (g) 3, vit. A (IU) 3110, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, sat. fat (g) 1, iron (mg) 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, cal. (kcal) 220, Niacin (mg) 3, Riboflavin (mg) 0, carb. (g) 30, Thiamin (mg) 0, pro. (g) 23, sugar (g) 7, sodium (mg) 1266, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1, Folate (µg) 24, fiber (g) 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0