Cranberry sauce combined with tapioca and onion soup simmers to perfection in this five-ingredient main dish recipe. Serve over white rice to complete the meal.
- 2 1/2-3 pounds chicken thighs and/or drumsticks, skinned
- 1 16 – ounce can whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place chicken pieces in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, dry soup mix, and tapioca. Pour over chicken pieces.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken)
Servings Per Recipe 6, fiber (g) 1, chol. (mg) 89, sat. fat (g) 1, carb. (g) 55, Fat, total (g) 4, cal. (kcal) 357, pro. (g) 23, sodium (mg) 268