- 1 cup whole cashews
- 1 cup whole almonds, toasted*
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted*
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place nuts in a 2- to 3-1/2-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl combine sugar, butter, ginger, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and cayenne pepper. Add nuts to slow cooker; toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 hours, stirring after 1 hour. Stir nuts again. Spread in a single layer on buttered foil; let cool for at least 1 hour. (Nuts may appear soft after cooking but will crisp upon cooling.) Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
- *To toast nuts: Spread nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice. To remove the papery skin from hazelnuts, rub the nuts with a clean dish towel.
(Slow Cooker Sweet-Hot Nuts)
Servings Per Recipe 22, sodium (mg) 73, fiber (g) 2, chol. (mg) 7, cal. (kcal) 147, sat. fat (g) 3, pro. (g) 3, carb. (g) 8, Fat, total (g) 13