- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 12 ounces red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/3 cup small pimiento-stuffed olives, cut up
- Bread Sticks (optional)
- In 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, potato, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Add tomatoes and broth.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in sweet pepper and olives. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more. Serve with bread sticks, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Spanish Chicken Stew)
Servings Per Recipe 4, sat. fat (g) 2, Starch () 1, fiber (g) 4, chol. (mg) 113, sugar (g) 7, Vegetables () 1, Lean Meat () 4, sodium (mg) 616, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2, Monounsaturated fat (g) 3, Carb Choice () 2, Fat, total (g) 8, carb. (g) 24, pro. (g) 32, cal. (kcal) 297