- 1 8 – ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), cut up
- 6 ounces reduced-fat pasteurized prepared cheese product
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, blanched* and chopped
- 3 tablespoons bottled salsa
- 4 teaspoons bacon-flavor vegetable protein bits
- Fat-free milk (optional)
- 1 recipe Potato Dippers
- In a 1 1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker combine cream cheese, cheese product, broccoli, salsa, and bacon-flavor bits.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 3 hours.
- Stir dip before serving. If desired, thin dip to desired consistency with milk. Serve with Potato Dippers.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: To blanch broccoli, place it in a pot of boiling water; cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water; drain and chop.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub potatoes; cut each potato into 16 slices. Place potato slices in a large bowl and add enough cold water to cover. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Place potatoes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly coat potato slices with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chili powder and black pepper. Bake potatoes about 25 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly crisp. Makes 64 dippers.
(Broccoli-Cheese Dip with Potato Dippers)
Servings Per Recipe 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, Trans fatty acid (g) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Thiamin (mg) 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 1, Folate (µg) 16, calcium (mg) 81, cal. (kcal) 108, pro. (g) 5, carb. (g) 12, vit. A (IU) 389, Starch () 1, iron (mg) 1, vit. C (mg) 13, Fat, total (g) 4, Monounsaturated fat (g) 1, sat. fat (g) 3, Potassium (mg) 321, sugar (g) 2, fiber (g) 1, Fat () 1, Carb Choice () 1, sodium (mg) 256, chol. (mg) 14