- 1 9 – ounce package frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 16 – ounce package frozen cauliflower
- 1 145 – ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (1 stalk)
- 1/4 cup regular barley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable juice
- 1/4 cup purchased pesto (optional)
- Finely shredded Parmesean cheese (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, place frozen green beans, cauliflower, undrained tomatoes, onion, celery, barley, garlic, and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine chicken broth and vegetable juice. Pour over vegetable mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. If desired, top each serving with pesto and Parmesean cheese. Makes 6 to 8 side-dish servings.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
(Italian Vegetable Soup)
Servings Per Recipe 6, cal. (kcal) 81, pro. (g) 4, carb. (g) 17, Riboflavin (mg) 0, Niacin (mg) 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, Folate (µg) 28, sodium (mg) 520, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0, vit. C (mg) 33, vit. A (IU) 923, Thiamin (mg) 0, Monounsaturated fat (g) 0, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0, sugar (g) 7, fiber (g) 3, Starch () 1, Vegetables () 2, chol. (mg) 0, iron (mg) 1, Fat, total (g) 0, calcium (mg) 71, Potassium (mg) 352, sat. fat (g) 0