- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 3 -4 pounds whole chicken breasts (with bone), halved and skinned
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle garlic and thyme over chicken pieces. Place chicken in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Pour orange juice and vinegar over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker; cover with foil to keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Strain juices into a saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Pass juices with chicken. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
(Thyme and Garlic Chicken)
Servings Per Recipe 6, vit. C (mg) 8, chol. (mg) 85, Fat, total (g) 2, vit. A (IU) 97, carb. (g) 3, pro. (g) 34, cal. (kcal) 178, iron (mg) 1, sodium (mg) 78, calcium (mg) 30, sat. fat (g) 0, fiber (g) 0, Lean Meat () 5