Start these ribs in the morning, and they’ll be perfectly tender by dinnertime.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs, separated into single ribs
- Barbecue sauce, for serving (optional)
In slow cooker, whisk together ketchup, sugar, vinegar, mustard powder, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Add ribs to slow cooker, and toss with sauce. Arrange ribs, bone side up, in a single row. Cover; cook on high, 6 hours (or on low, 10 hours).
Serve ribs drizzled with pan juices and, if desired, barbecue sauce.